Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Harbor View from Java Moose


I took this photo from the deck of our local coffee joint, the Java Moose, several days ago under sunny skies. The sky and Lake Superior change daily, sometimes hourly. We can get a panoramic view of the lakshore and endless expanse of water as we decend the Gunflint Trail which is the long hill road into town. Today, as we headed down to the post office, hardware store and grocery, the overcast sky blended into the horizon of the lake. A full, wide swath of pearly light, and we could not really tell where the lake ended and the sky began. The trees along the trail are a mix of golden poplar and birch with a few bright red maples at this point. As we rounded the curve, with the lake spread below us and seagulls wheeling overhead, I was reminded of the wide open Pacific....and our home on the Monterey Peninsula. I truly am happiest when I am near the water, and feel grateful for this mysterious, deep new lake in my life. -Anne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, congradualtions. I love your blog. What are you reading, seeingany good DVD"s?
Kathy Whilden

Anonymous said...

Ahh, coffee at the java moose!

Is nothing finer that sitting outside looking at the harbor sipping your coffee?

peace.
Mark Evans

PippaW said...

Hi! I like your blog, nice pics. I'll come back for some hiking ideas :-)
Bye