Sunday, October 30, 2005

Blog This!

You know, I've tried for some time now to photograph the dozens (yes) of eagles who are still floating past the cabin every hour (so it seems) or so and then write a really cool story. Or...waiting for a shot of the local fishouse when they just got in a load of herring ( that are all destined for a plant in Wisconsin to be processed for gelfiltefish....then shipped to the EAST coast.) But, it's been some weeks now and I can't seem to capture it all.
So, hell with it, I offer you something to consider without the camera running. My three new piano students. Boys... nine, twelve and fifteen. Willy, Kirin and Bradley. The community heard I was in town and parents have called them all in. And I'm having a ball. They are all gifted and hungry. They all want the WORLD on a platter ( and by God... I think I can give it to them!). It's only a matter of scales and arpeggios. The same thing that kicked my ass when I was their age. They don't like it. But I must, I MUST deliver it to them with a spoonful of sugar somehow. Otherwise...they don't KNOW music. Who else will "give" it to them?
Forget about a photo and instead...imagine my students. Hungry to get what you have to offer. Wow. For once, a thousand words might be worth a few pictures.



Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Chris, what music are you listening to now?
Kathy Whilden